Version 1.7 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.6) - Released 10 May 2022:
- Airmon-ng: Fix avahi killing
- Airmon-ng: rewrite service stopping entirely
- Airmon-ng: Codestyle fixes and code cleanup
- Airmon-ng: Added a few Raspberry Pi hardware revisions
- Airmon-ng: Fixes for 8812au driver
- Airmon-ng: Fix iwlwifi firmware formatting
- Airmon-ng: Remove broken KVM detection
- Airmon-ng: Show regdomain in verbose mode
- Airmon-ng: Updated Raspberry Pi hardware revisions
- Airmon-ng: Document frequency usage
- Airmon-ng: Add a sleep to help predictable names due to udev sometimes renaming interface
- Airmon-ng: Added warning for broken radiotap headers in kernel 5.15 to 5.15.4
- Airmon-ng: shellcheck fixes
- Airmon-ng: support systemctl as some systems don't support 'service' anymore
- Airmon-ng: Fixes for pciutils 3.8, backward compatible
- Airbase-ng: use enum for frame type/subtype
- Airbase-ng: remove a few IE in association responses
- Besside-ng: Support and detect all channels in 5GHz in Auto-Channel mode
- OSdep: Search additional IE for channel information
- OSdep: Android macro fixes
- Patches: Add missing patches that were on https://patches.aircrack-ng.org but not in repo
- Patches: Updated freeradius-wpe patch for v3.2.0
- Patches: Updated hostapd-wpe patch for v2.10
- Patches: Added docker containers to test WPE patches
- Autotools: make dist now creates VERSION file
- Autotools: Added maintainer mode
- Autotools: Initial support for Link Time Optimization (LTO) builds
- Integration tests: Added a new test, and improved some existing ones
- Airgraph-ng: switch airodump-join to Python 3
- Manpages: Fixes (typos, tools name, etc.) and improvements
- README: Updated dependencies and their installation on various distros in README.md and INSTALLING
- README: Fixed typos and spelling in README.md and INSTALLING
- Packages: Packages on PackageCloud now support any distro using .deb and .rpm, however, it requires reinstalling repo (BREAKING CHANGE)
- General: Fix compilation with LibreSSL 3.5
- General: Fix issues reported by Infer
- General: Updated buildbots
- General: Add Linux uclibc support
- General: Compilation fixes on macOS with the Apple M1 CPU
- General: Removed TravisCI and AppVeyor
- General: Use Github Actions for CI (Linux, Win, macOS, code style, and PVS-Studio)
- General: Added vscode devcontainer and documentation
- General: Fix warnings from PVS-Studio and build with pedantic (See PR2174)
- General: Shell script fixes thanks to shellcheck
- General: Fixes for GCC 10 and 11
- General: Fixed cross-compilation
- General: Code refactoring, deduplication, cleanup, and misc code improvements
- General: Coverity Scan fixes, which includes memory leaks, race conditions, division by 0, and other issues
- General: PVS Studio improvements,fixes and updates
- General: Code formatting/style fixes
- General: Various fixes and improvements (code, CI, integration tests, coverity)
- General: Update bug reporting template and update the process
Version 1.6 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.5.2) - Released 25 Jan 2020:
- Aircrack-ng: Added support for MidnightBSD
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed ARM processors display with -u
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed AVX-512F support
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed cracking speed calculation
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed cracking WEP beyond 10k IVS
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed creating new session and added test case
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed encryption display in some cases when prompting for network to crack
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed exiting Aircrack-ng in some cases
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed logical and physical processor count detection
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed PMKID length check
- Aircrack-ng: Various fixes and improvements to WPA cracking engine and its performance
- Airdecap-ng: Decrypt both directions when WDS is in use
- Airdecap-ng: Fixed decrypting WPA PCAP when BSSID changes
- Airgraph-ng: Added support for WPA3
- Airgraph-ng: Switch to argparse
- Airmon-ng: Added detection for wicd, Intel Wireless Daemon (iwd), net_applet
- Airmon-ng: Handle case when avahi keeps getting restarted
- Airmon-ng: Indicates when interface doesn't exist
- Airodump-ng: Added autocolorization interactive key
- Airodump-ng: Added option to read PCAP in realtime (-T)
- Airodump-ng: Added PMKID detection
- Airodump-ng: Added support for GMAC
- Airodump-ng: Added support for WPA3 and OWE (Enhanced Open)
- Airodump-ng: Basic UTF-8 support
- Airodump-ng: Checked management frames are complete before processing IE to avoid switch from WEP to WPA
- Airodump-ng: Display signal when reading from PCAP
- Airodump-ng: Fixed netxml output with hidden SSID
- Airodump-ng: Improved rates calculation for 802.11n/ac
- Airtun-ng: Fixed using -p with -e
- Autoconf: Fixed order of ssl and crypto libraries
- dcrack: Fixed client reporting benchmark
- dcrack: Now handles chunked encoding when communicating (default in Python3)
- Freeradius-WPE: Updated patch for v3.0.20
- General: Added NetBSD endianness support
- General: Added python3 support to scripts
- General: Added script to update autotools on CentOS 7
- General: Added security policy to report security issues
- General: Reorganizing filesystem layout (See PR 2032), and switch to automake 1.14+
- General: Convert to non-recursive make (part of PR 2032)
- General: Deduplicating functions and code cleanups
- General: Fixed packaging on cygwin due to openssl library name change
- General: Fixed SPARC build on Solaris 11
- General: Removed coveralls.io
- General: Updated dependencies in README.md/INSTALLING
- General: Use upstream radiotap libary, as a sub-tree
- General: various fixes and improvements (code, CI, integration tests, coverity)
- HostAPd-WPE: Updated for v2.9
- Manpages: Fixes and improvements
- Tests: Added Integration tests for aireplay-ng, airodump-ng, aircrack-ng, airbase-ng, and others
- Tests: Added tests for airdecap-ng, aircrack-ng
Version 1.5.2 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.4) - Released 09 Dec 2018:
- Airodump-ng: Fixed AP selection slip in interactive mode
- Airodump-ng: Revamped GPS logging functionality and added new logging format (logcsv)
- Aircrack-ng: Only load the maximum supported and available crypto engine
- Aircrack-ng: Reworked wordlist producer/consumer queue
- Airserv-ng: Fixed communication between platforms with different size int
- Airmon-ng: Improved detection of Raspberry Pis
- General: Signed and unsigned comparison fixes
- Package: Added package for Ubuntu 18.10 (Cosmic)
- General: Code cleanups
- General: Added more tests
- General: Compilation improvements/fixes in autotools
- General: Big endian fixes
- General: Fixed building on FreeBSD and OpenBSD
- General: Added instructions to compile on DragonflyBSD and OpenBSD
- General: Fixed spelling errors
Version 1.4 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.3) - Released 29 Sep 2018:
- Aircrack-ng: Added PMKID cracking
- Aircrack-ng: Serious speed up and memory usage decrease when loading large files (multiple Gb) using AVL trees
- Aircrack-ng: Added hwloc (Hardware Locality) to improve performance
- Aircrack-ng: Support cracking PCAP with Protected Management Frames (802.11w)
- Aircrack-ng: Merged check_thread() and read_thread()
- Aircrack-ng: Allow static linking with chosen SIMD
- Aircrack-ng: Display AVX512F when present
- Airodump-ng: Added clients GPS coordinates in NetXML file
- Airdecap-ng: Improve decrypting/parsing speed
- Airmon-ng: Updated/fixed using with nexmon
- Airmon-ng: Better check for lspci requirement on systems that don't have PCI/PCIe devices
- Airmon-ng: Added support for rtl8812au/8814au/rtl88xxau driver
- Build: Fixed building with a few different architectures
- Build: Switch to new CI/CD tool, PyDeployer
- Build: Improved building on Windows (and building/testing with AppVeyor)
- Build: Improved and tweaked CI systems (buildbots, Travis, AppVeyor)
- Build: Support for statically linking libraries/binaries
- Build: Automatic development packages build for multiple Linux distro and upload to PackageCloud.io
- Tests: Added new tests for Aircrack-ng
- Tests: Added new capture files
- Freeradius-WPE: Fixed opening log file twice
- General: Fixed loading PCAP on system with a different endianness
- General: Fixed memory leaks and issues reported by static analysis tools
- General: Fixed “error while loading shared libraries”
- General: Various other small improvements in the tools, build system, tests and documentation
- General: Update FSF address
- General: Code formatting
Version 1.3 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2) - Released 10 Jul 2018:
- Aircrack-ng: Allow using Hashcat HCCAPX files as input files.
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed floating point exception due to division by 0 when displaying stats.
- Aircrack-ng: Updated manpage regarding hex wordlist usage.
- Aircrack-ng: Added save/restore session when cracking using wordlists (-N and -R).
- Aircrack-ng: Moved crypto to its own library, aircrack-crypto/ (aka crypto engine).
- Aircrack-ng: Now back to a single binary thanks to crypto-engine.
- Aircrack-ng: Performance improvements of the crypto engine across various CPU architectures.
- Aircrack-ng: Added support for AVX512 in the crypto-engine (and build).
- Aircrack-ng: Improved building crypto-engine across CPU architectures and compilers (gcc, clang and ICC).
- Aircrack-ng: Allow to list available SIMD optimizations.
- Aircrack-ng: Improved benchmark tool for unusual CPU/cores count.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed running in the background.
- Airodump-ng: Don't show WPA handshake capture notice for out-of-scope ESSIDs.
- Airodump-ng: Add –background 0/1 to force disable/enable background settings and override autodetection of background.
- Airodump-ng: Added support for GCMP, GCMP-256 and CCMP-256.
- Airolib-ng: Fixed importing data when interrupting process using Ctrl-C.
- dcrack: Check if dictionary and capture file exists before uploading them.
- dcrack: Clean up dictionary before uploading it to the server.
- dcrack: Gracefully stop and display errors instead of printing stacktrace whenever possible.
- dcrack: Move temporary user files to /tmp and cleanup when done.
- dcrack: Fixed displaying status when no clients are connected to the server.
- dcrack: Validate uploaded PCAP and display success/failure.
- dcrack: Improved removing BSSID.
- WPAClean: Fixed crash with invalid prism2 header PCAP and added tests.
- WPAClean: Don't create output file if no handshake are present or if input file is bad.
- WPAClean: Fixed memory leak.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed display of interface name if name is too long.
- OSdep: Fixed memory leak and null pointer dereference.
- OSdep: Fixed byteorder macros and other tools crashing.
- OSdep: Added support to build as a shared library.
- FreeRADIUS-WPE: Updated instructions for v3.0.17.
- HostAPd-wpe: Added Response-Identity logging and displaying NETNTLM hash in hashcat format.
- Airgraph-ng: Renamed dump-join to airodump-join.
- General: Added coveralls.io badge.
- General: Added –without-opt to disable stack protector when using GCC >= 4.9
- General: Various improvements and fixes, some from Coverity Scan and Valgrind.
- General: Fixed typos reported by codespell.
- General: Extracted console functions and moved to aircrack-util/.
- General: Renamed osdep/ to aircrack-osdep/.
- General: Fixed and added functions prototypes and commented out unused functions.
- General: Reformat source code using clang-format and added .clang-format file for IDE.
- General: Improvements to AppVeyor and TravisCI builds
- Building: Added NEON intrinsic support.
- Building: Support paths containing spaces, during autoreconf.
- Building: Fix compilation without getauxval in the trampoline binary.
- Building: Fixed compiler warnings on Windows, FreeBSD.
- Building: Fixes and documentation for OSX.
- Building: Added support for tcmalloc and jemalloc.
- Building: Added instruction to build Windows binaries with Airpcap.
- Unit test: Using CMocka for some tests
- Documentation: Updated explanations regarding building some experimental tools.
Version 1.2 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-rc5) - Released 15 Apr 2018:
- General: Fixed compiling Windows binaries and updated README.md/INSTALLING.
- General: Fixed commands to install dependencies on Debian/Ubuntu and FreeBSD.
- General: Added command to install dependencies on Fedora/CentOS/RHEL.
- General: Removed packages/ directory.
- General: Added Alpine Linux and Kali Linux buildbots.
- General: Fixed configure with –with-libpcap-include=/somewhere/include and –with-libpcap-lib=/somewhere/lib.
- General: Fixed search for ethtool when running as a non-root user.
- General: Various fixes.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed mktemp on Alpine Linux.
Version 1.2-rc5 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-rc4) - Released 03 Apr 2018:
- General: Switching to autotools which allows compiling on more plateforms.
- General: Updated README.md and INSTALLING files.
- General: Fixed compilation on a lot of platforms.
- General: Fixed compilation warnings across platforms and compilers.
- General: Fixed typos in the tools and in manpages.
- General: Replace %d/ld with %u/lu for unsigned printf parameters.
- General: Added option to disable stack protector.
- General: Improved makefile to get reproducible builds.
- General: Fixed compilation with OpenSSL 1.1.0.
- General: Updated radiotap parsing code.
- General: Updated all URLs to use HTTPS.
- General: Fixed compilation with libreSSL.
- General: Added WPS 2.0 test PCAP.
- General: Do not use stackguard on Windows.
- General: Fixed warnings on GCC7.
- General: Improved code quality using Coverity Scan.
- General: Added badges for Coverity scan and Intel compiler buildbot
- Aircrack-ng: Use trampoline binary to automatically select fastest executable depending on the CPU
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed missing include for linecount.
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed concurrency issues when reading multiple WEP PCAP.
- Aircrack-ng: Added support for creating HCCAPx file format.
- Airodump-ng: Get the channel from HT information.
- Airodump-ng: Detect WPS 2.x.
- Airodump-ng: Also check current directory for OUI file.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed writing ESSID to CSV, Kismet CSV and Kismet NetXML files when ESSID gets decloaked and cloaked length was 1.
- Aireplay-ng: Added deauthentication reason code option.
- Aireplay-ng: Increase amount of AP to test when running injection test.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed 802.11a channel hopping list.
- Airodump-ng: Fix creation of .xor files.
- Airodump-ng: Added support for HT channels (HT20/HT40-/HT40+).
- Airodump-ng: Now displaying correct rate for 802.11n or 802.11ac AP.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed checking for processes.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed display of “cannot access '/sys/class/ieee80211/': No such file or directory”.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed bashisms.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed display of specific drivers.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed display of cards on the sdio bus.
- Airmon-ng: Now supports nexmon driver on RPi 3 (and 0 Wireless) using Kali Linux.
- Airmon-ng: Added identification for another realtek chipset and generic Ralink/MT.
- Airmon-ng: Handle 2 types of rfkill commands and updated unblock text.
- Airmon-ng: more portable modinfo usage.
- Airmon-ng: remove grep -P references upon request.
- Airmon-ng: Do not replace driver name by ?????? when driver is valid.
- Airgraph-ng: Removed irrelevant comment in README.
- Airgraph-ng: Handle SSID with double quotes.
- Airgraph-ng: Fixed parsing OUI file.
- Airdrop-ng: Updated lorcon2 installation instructions.
- Besside-ng: Fixed 'wi_read(): No child processes' error.
- Airdecloak-ng: Fixed segfault due to NULL pointer dereference.
- osdep: Remove wi_set_channel(1) on open wifi interface (cygwin).
- osdep: Fixed RAW socket resource leak.
- Patches: Created WPE patches and documentation for current HostAPd and Freeradius versions.
- Airodump-ng: Fix incorrect if conditions which always are false.
- Airodump-ng: Remove useless not NULL check.
- Airventriloquist: New tool from https://github.com/Caesurus/airventriloquist/
- dcrack: Fixed indentation.
- TravisCI: Fixed compilation on OSX.
- AppVeyor: Added support for AppVeyor, CI for cygwin builds.
Version 1.2-rc4 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-rc3) - Released 14 Feb 2016:
- Airodump-ng: Increase console window size.
- Aircrack-ng: Added time remaining and percentage done when doing WPA cracking with a dictionary (file).
- Aircrack-ng: Make benchmark last 15 seconds for a more accurate value.
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed compilation on Cygwin 64 and drastically improve cracking speed for all CPUs (up to +175% performance).
- Airmon-ng: Improved chipset detection on FreeBSD.
- Airmon-ng: Display chipset for some Broadcom SDIO.
- Airbase-ng: Fixed broadcasting 'default'.
- General: Updated and cleanup TravisCI file to test compilation and testing on OSX.
- General: Fixed reading large files on Cygwin.
- General: Fixed a bunch of compilation warnings with gcc and clang.
- General: Fixed compilation on Solaris, OpenBSD, DragonFlyBSD 4.4, NetBSD, OSX.
- General: Fixed compilation on ARM and MIPS.
- General: Improved compatibility on FreeBSD and Cygwin (RAM and CPU detection).
- General: Fixed gcc segfault on cygwin.
- General: Memory cleanups, fixed memory leaks and fix other issues reported by Valgrind.
- Testing: Fixes on various OSes.
- INSTALLING: Updated installation instructions for different OS.
- TravisCI: Improved file.
Version 1.2-rc3 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-rc2) - Released 21 Nov 2015:
- Airodump-ng: Prevent sending signal to init which caused the system to reboot/shutdown.
- Airbase-ng: Allow to use a user-specified ANonce instead of a randomized one when doing the 4-way handshake
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed compilation warnings.
- Aircrack-ng: Removed redundant NULL check and fixed typo in another one.
- Aircrack-ng: Workaround for segfault when compiling aircrack-ng with clang and gcrypt and running a check.
- Airmon-ng: Created version for FreeBSD.
- Airmon-ng: Prevent passing invalid values as channel.
- Airmon-ng: Handle udev renaming interfaces.
- Airmon-ng: Better handling of rfkill.
- Airmon-ng: Updated OUI URL.
- Airmon-ng: Fix VM detection.
- Airmon-ng: Make lsusb optional if there doesn't seem to be a usb bus. Improve pci detection slightly.
- Airmon-ng: Various cleanup and fixes (including wording and typos).
- Airmon-ng: Display iw errors.
- Airmon-ng: Improved handling of non-monitor interfaces.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed error when running 'check kill'.
- Airdrop-ng: Display error instead of stack trace.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed bashism.
- Airdecap-ng: Allow specifying output file names.
- Airtun-ng: Added missing parameter to help screen.
- Besside-ng-crawler: Removed reference to darkircop.org (non-existent subdomain).
- Airgraph-ng: Display error when no graph type is specified.
- Airgraph-ng: Fixed make install.
- Manpages: Fixed, updated and improved airodump-ng, airmon-ng, aircrack-ng, airbase-ng and aireplay-ng manpages.
- Aircrack-ng GUI: Fixes issues with wordlists selection.
- OSdep: Add missing RADIOTAP_SUPPORT_OVERRIDES check.
- OSdep: Fix possible infinite loop.
- OSdep: Use a default MTU of 1500 (Linux only).
- OSdep: Fixed compilation on OSX.
- AppArmor: Improved and added profiles.
- General: Fixed warnings reported by clang.
- General: Updated TravisCI configuration file
- General: Fixed typos in various tools.
- General: Fixed clang warning about 'gcry_thread_cbs()' being deprecated with gcrypt > 1.6.0.
- General: Fixed compilation on cygwin due to undefined reference to GUID_DEVCLASS_NET
- General: Fixed compilation with musl libc.
- General: Improved testing and added test cases (make check).
- General: Improved mutexes handling in various tools.
- General: Fixed memory leaks, use after free, null termination and return values in various tools and OSdep.
- General: Fixed compilation on FreeBSD.
- General: Various fixes and improvements to README (wording, compilation, etc).
- General: Updated copyrights in help screen.
Version 1.2-rc2 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-rc1) - Released 10 April 2015:
- Airtun-ng: Adds WPA CCMP and TKIP decryption and CCMP encryption
- Compilation: Added support for DUMA.
- Makefile: Renamed 'unstable' to 'experimental'.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed XML sanitizing.
- Airmon-ng: Airmon-zc is now stable enough to replace airmon-ng.
- Manpages: Removed airdriver-ng manpage and references to it (forgot to do it before the previous release).
- Manpages: Updated 'see also' references in all manpages.
- PCRE: Added it in various places and docs.
- WZCook: Fixed processing values stored in register.
- Updated a few headers files (if_llc, ieee80211, ethernet and if_arp).
- Travis CI: updated make parameter and add testing with pcre.
- Compilation: de-hardcode -lpcap to allow specifying pcap libraries.
- Makefile: Fixed installing/uninstalling Airdrop-ng documentation files.
- Makefile: Fixed uninstalling ext_scripts.
- Airodump-ng: Added new paths (and removed one) for OUI files and simplified logic to find the OUI file.
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed ignoring -p when specified after -S.
- Airmon-ng: fixes for openwrt busybox ps/grep issues which do not seem present in other versions of busybox
- Airmon-ng: fix vm detection.
- Airserv-ng: Fixed channel setting (and assert call).
- Airodump-ng: Fixes to NetXML (unassociated clients missing and various other small bugs) and update the code to match current NetXML output.
- Airodump-ng: Removed requirement for 2 packets before AP is written to output (text) files.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed formatting of ESSID and display of WPA/WPA2 (as well as a bunch of other small fixes) in CSV file.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed GPSd.
- Airodump-ng: Allow to specify write interval for CSV, kismet CSV and NetXML files.
- Airserv-ng: Fixed wrong station data displayed in Airodump-ng.
- General: Fixed 64 bit promotion issues.
- General: Fixed a bunch of uninitialized values and non-zeroed structures (upon allocating them).
- General: Added Stack protection.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
Version 1.2-rc1 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-beta3) - Released 31 October 2014:
- Airodump-ng should be able to parse the canonical oui file.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed GPS stack overflow.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed stopping cleanly with Ctrl-C.
- Airmon-zc: better handling for when modules are not available (incomplete)
- Airmon-zc: users can now start the monitor interface again to change channels
- Airmon-zc: update to use ip instead of ifconfig if available.
- Airmon-zc: better handling of devices without pci bus
- Aireplay-ng: Fixed tcp_test stack overflow.
- OSdep: Fixed libnl detection. Also avoid detection on non Linux systems.
- OSdep: Fixed segmentation fault that happens with a malicious server.
- Besside-ng: Add regular expression matching for the SSID.
- Buddy-ng: Fixed segmentation fault.
- Makefile: Fixed 'commands commence before first target' error when building Aircrack-ng.
- Fixed segfault when changing the optimization when compiling with gcc thanks to Ramiro Polla.
- Removed airdriver-ng (outdated and not meant for today's kernels)
- Added gitignore file.
- Fixed build issues on other compilers by using stdint.h types.
- Updating installation file and added pkg-config as a requirement.
- Various small fixes and improvements.
Version 1.2-beta3 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-beta2) - Released 31 March 2014:
- Finally properly fixed the buffer overflow.
- Fixed channel parsing (eg 108, 125) and updated radiotap parser.
- Various other small fixes.
Version 1.2-beta2 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.2-beta1) - Released 30 November 2013:
- Airbase-ng: Fixed order of IE when creating soft Access Point.
- Airbase-ng: Fixed Caffe Latte Attack not working for all clients.
- Aircrack-ng: Improved PTW speed thanks to Ramiro Polla.
- Airmon-zc: Fixed improper use of the interface.
- Airdecap-ng: Fixed decoding captures with WMM enabled.
- Various: Fixed memory leaks in Aircrack-ng, Aireplay-ng, OSdep.
- Added support for static analysis using Coverity Scan.
- Fixed compilation due to PIC unfriendly assembly on Gentoo hardened.
- Fixed running tests using 'make check'.
- Fixed building aircrack-ng with recent version of gcc and also on cygwin.
- Various other small fixes.
Version 1.2-beta1 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.1) - Released 25 May 2013:
- Airmon-ng: Added chipset information for ar9170usb, wl, rt2800usb, ar9271, wl12xx, RT3070STA, ath9k_htc, r871x_usb_drv, ath5k, carl9170 and various Intel drivers.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed chipset information ipw2200.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed output for r8187 driver.
- Airmon-ng: Improved chipset information for a few drivers.
- Airmon-ng: Support for displaying information about ath9k.
- Airmon-ng: Added 'check kill' to automatically kill services that could interfere.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed issues with Intel chipsets detection.
- Airmon-ng: Updated iw download link.
- Airmon-ng: Better mac80211 handling
- Airmon-ng: Added detection for WiLink TI driver, rtl819xU, iwlwifi.
- Airmon-zc: Improved version of Airmon-ng with more detailed information.
- Airgraph-ng: Use Aircrack-ng Makefile instead of its own.
- Airbase-ng: Fixed bug using clients list.
- Airbase-ng: Fixed issue with QoS (ticket #760).
- Airbase-ng: Fixed sending beacons with null SSID.
- Airbase-ng: Allow non ASCII ESSID
- Airodump-ng: Fixed buffer overflow (ticket #728).
- Airodump-ng: Fixed channel parsing.
- Airodump-ng: Fixed FreeBSD battery reading.
- Airodump-ng: Renamed “Packets” column to “Frames” (“Packets” was not correct).
- Airodump-ng: Fixed XML bugs when outputting NetXML: ESSID containing '&' or chinese characters, when multiple encryption are used.
- Airodump-ng: Add alternative paths for Airodump-ng OUI file.
- Airodump-ng: Added GPSd 2.92+ support (JSON).
- Airodump-ng: Add option –manufacturer to display manufacturer column on airodump-ng.
- Airodump-ng: Add feature to show APs uptime (–uptime) based on the timestamp.
- Airodump-ng-OUI-update: Fixed OUI URL and allow CURL redirect (ticket #829).
- Airdrop-ng: removed .py from file names.
- Airdrop-ng: Fixed bug in installer.
- Airdrop-ng: Fixed OUI lookup.
- Airdrop-ng: Fixed bug when several BSSID have the same ESSID.
- Airdrop-ng: Doesn't constantly parse anymore, wait 5 seconds each time it parses.
- Airdrop-ng: Fixed crash when failing to get channel or when rules file didn't exist.
- Airdrop-ng: Fixed to use lorcon.py/lorcon2 libs.
- Airdrop-ng: Updated README.
- Airdrop-ng: Fixed error preventing update to work.
- Versuck-ng: New script to do the same thing as the kismet autowep plugin from the CLI.
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed counter display error when cracking WPA.
- Aircrack-ng: Added output of the WPA handshake to EWSA project file.
- Aircrack-ng: Added output of the WPA handshake to oclhashcat+ project file.
- Aircrack-ng: Added benchmark option, -S.
- Aircrack-ng: Fixed -u option.
- Aircrack-ng: PIC fix for hardened systems from Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)
- Aircrack-ng: Allow dictionaries larger than 2Gb.
- Aircrack-ng: Give a better message when there's an error with the dictionary.
- Aircrack-ng: Prevent a buffer overflow from happening (Wojciech Waga).
- Aireplay-ng: Added migration mode attack from Leandro Meiners and Diego Sor from Core Security (BlackHat Las Vegas 2010)
- Aireplay-ng, Airodump-ng: Added option to ignore issue with -1 channel.
- Airserv-ng: Fixed crash when clients disconnect.
- Besside-ng-crawler: Added EAPOL Crawler.
- Airdecloak-ng: Fixed bug when using pcap files with PPI headers.
- dcrack: Distributed cracking server/client
- wifi-detect.sh: reference script for testing wifi card detection using iwconfig vs ls /sys/class/net
- WPA Clean: Tool to merge and clean WPA capture files.
- Wireless Panda: C# Library to parse Airodump-ng output files (and added example project).
- OSdep (Linux): Setting fixed bitrates on mac80211 2.6.31 and up.
- OSdep (Linux): Added support for nl80211 thanks to impulse32. Use 'make libnl=true' to add netlink support (Ticket #1004).
- Manpages: Improvement and fixes for Airgraph-ng, Airodump-ng, packetforge-ng, Aircrack-ng
- Manpages: Fixed various spelling issues and single quote issues.
- Makefiles: Added tests for the different tools.
- Makefiles: Various fixes and improvements.
- Makefiles: Added support for libgrypt instead of OpenSSL via parameter.
- Patches: Added a few patches.
- Removed useless script: patchchk.
- Finally fixed licensing issues.
- Fixed endianness issues in most of the tools.
- Fixed cppcheck errors (Ticket #957).
- Fixed various compilation issues on Linux and Cygwin, GNU/Hurd, Darwin (OSX) and Sparc.
- Fixed compilation on recent gcc versions on Linux, Cygwin.
- Added instructions for Travis CI: Free Hosted Continuous Integration Platform for the Open Source Community.
- Added Readme.Md for GitHub. Aircrack-ng subversion repository is synced on GitHub: http://github.com/aircrack-ng/aircrack-ng
- Various other small bug fixes.
Version 1.1 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0) - Released 24 April 2010:
- airdrop-ng: New tool by TheX1le.
- airodump-ng, aircrack-ng, airdecap-ng, airbase-ng: Fixed buffer overflow in airodump-ng due to forged eapol frame.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed multicast detection (WPA handshake detection).
- airodump-ng: Added interaction (see wiki for the commands).
- airodump-ng: Fixed client time in netxml file.
- airtun-ng: Add WDS and bridge support.
- airbase-ng: automatically set privacy bit to 1 if WPA or WPA2 is used (-Z or -z option).
- airmon-ng: Updated iw URL for v0.9.19.
- airdriver-ng: Fixed link for madwifi-ng.
- aireplay-ng: Chopchop enhancement to not stop but wait on deauth packets.
- tkiptun-ng: Fixed segfault.
- wesside-ng: Fixed compilation bug with recent version of gcc.
- cygwin: Compiling sqlite isn't necessary anymore, libsqlite3-devel package can be used.
- osdep: Strict aliasing and x86_64 fix.
- osdep: Add tap support for Darwin/OS X. Still require tuntaposx from sourceforge to work.
- All: Fixed compilation on cygwin 1.7.
- All: Fixed compilation on recent version of OSX.
- manpages: Fixed aireplay-ng manpage for attack 0: not disassociation packets, deauth packets.
- manpages: Added the keys for interaction in airodump-ng.
- patches: Added regulatory domains override patches for atheros drivers (ath5k, ath9k and ar9170).
- patches: Added 2.6.32 patch for r8187 driver (ieee80211).
- Makefiles: Fixed make uninstall.
Version 1.0 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0-rc4) - Released 08 September 2009:
- airserv-ng: Now works fine between 32 and 64bit OSes.
- wesside-ng: Fixed some endianness bugs
- airodump-ng-oui-update: Make sure the user is root when updating the file.
- airmon-ng: Updated iw download link (0.9.17).
- All: Fixed compilation with some gcc.
- patches: Added missing patches from patches.aircrack-ng.org: mac80211_2.6.28-rc4-wl_frag+ack_v3.patch
- manpage: Updated aireplay-ng manpage.
- INSTALLING: Removed (now) useless requirement for OSX installation.
- GUI (windows): Fixed 2nd selection of a capture file.
Version 1.0-rc4 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0-rc3) - Released 27 July 2009:
- airodump-ng: Decreased time before writing text files to 5 sec (instead of 20).
- airodump-ng: New option –output-format option (to replace –nocap): specify output files.
- airodump-ng: Fixed encryption tag value in kismet netxml files.
- airodump-ng: Sanitize essid before writing it into kismet netxml files.
- airodump-ng: Log manufacturer into kismet netxml files.
- aireplay-ng: Fake auth: reduce the number of ACKs to 2 per packet.
- aireplay-ng: Added possibility to stop sending fake auth requests after n retry failures.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed compilation on FreeBSD.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed aircrack-ng –help on OSX.
- airmon-ng: Updated iw download link (0.9.15).
- airmon-ng: Fix chipset detection for iwlagn (show “Intel 4965/5xxx” instead of “Unknown”).
- airmon-ng: Display a message when udev rename madwifi-ng VAPs.
- airmon-ng: sleep 1s instead of 0.1 (0.1 is not supported by all distro).
- airolib-ng: Fixed locked database counter.
- airdriver-ng: Updated to rt2570 k2wrlz v1.6.3
- airdriver-ng: Updated r8187 patch.
- aircrack-ng, airdecap-ng, ivstools, airodump-ng, airbase-ng, aireplay-ng, airtun-ng, packetforge-ng, tkiptun-ng: Added support for PPI captures support (Thanks to dragorn).
- airdecap-ng: Fixed segfault on some capture files.
- wesside-ng, easside-ng: “ERROR: Packet length changed while transmitting (XX instead of YY)” should finally be fixed.
- All: Added compatibility file for functions like cpu_to_le32. That should fix compilation on a lot of OSes.
- All: Temporary fix to allow compilation with recent gcc (Error message: “dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules”). I hope it doesn't break anything. A cleaner fix will be applied later.
- INSTALLING: OSX patch for Intel CPU isn't required anymore
- INSTALLING: Updated instructions to compile sqlite on cygwin for 3.6.16.
- patches: Updated sqlite (v3.6.13) patch for cygwin.
- patches: Updated wlanng patch for 2.6.28.
- patches: Updated madwifi-ng patch to r4073
- packages: Fixed spec (RPM) file.
- GUI (windows): Use last used directory when selecting another file to crack.
- GUI (windows): Allow .pcap files too (next to .cap, …).
Version 1.0-rc3 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0-rc2) - Released 26 March 2009:
- airodump-ng: Added Active Scanning Simulation.
- airodump-ng: Added support for kismet-newcore netxml files (DTD v3.1.0)
- airodump-ng: Changed file extensions for CSV (.csv instead of .txt) and for kismet CSV (.kismet.csv instead of .csv).
- airodump-ng: Fixed WPA tag parsing and added QoS detection based on direction.
- airodump-ng: Added option to only disable capture file; all other files (CSV, kismet CSV, kismet netxml, GPS) will be created.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed -w with WEP.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed useless memory allocation.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed compilation with gcc 2.95.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed compilation on 64 bit (SHA-SSE2).
- aircrack-ng: Fixed errors when compiling on OS X 10.5.6 PPC.
- aircrack-ng: Added an option to write the key to a file.
- airolib-ng: Fixed a bug where database is created even if parameters are not correct.
- airmon-ng: Added wifibox to the list of network manager.
- airmon-ng: Updated iw download link (0.9.11).
- airmon-ng and airdriver-ng: Move them in script/ directory.
- airmon-ng: Bypass interface checks when ps command returns an error. Needed for BusyBox limited ps command.
- airdriver-ng: Update legacy RT73 driver to use rt73-k2wrlz v3.0.2
- tkiptun-ng: Allow padded arp packets to the client.
- airserv-ng & osdep: Fixed compilation on FreeBSD 7.1
- easside-ng & wesside-ng: Fixing again “Error Wrote 39 out of 30” error message.
- manpages: Fixed manpages titles.
- Makefile: Only compile and install wesside-ng, easside-ng, buddy-ng and tkiptun-ng with “make unstable=true”.
- patches: Updated sqlite (v3.6.11) patch for cygwin.
- patches: Added patch for aircrack-ng on MacOSX
- scripts: Added a script to automatically patch and install SQLite in cygwin.
Version 1.0-rc2 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0-rc1) - Released 22 Jan 2009:
- aircrack-ng: Added SSE2 supports (WPA cracking speed is improved a lot) thanks to nx5.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed detection of the number of CPU (especially with recent CPUs).
- aircrack-ng: Fixed long lasting WPA bugs: cannot find the key with SMP computers, wasn't exiting correctly, …
- aircrack-ng: Fixed usage of a dictionnary with WEP.
- aircrack-ng: Now only display ASCII WEP keys when 100% of the hex key can be converted to ASCII.
- aircrack-ng: You can now specify the number of threads for cracking even if you have a non-SMP computer.
- aircrack-ng: Now output an error message if using -r and it wasn't compiled with sqlite support. It was a problem on some ubuntu.
- airdecloak-ng: New tool to remove wep cloaked frames from a pcap file. For more details see http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airdecloak-ng
- airodump-ng: Added kismet csv output support.
- airodump-ng: Fixed power value display (for ath interface with a high number, more than 99).
- airodump-ng: Can work on the new frequencies (allowed by frequency Chaos patch).
- airodump-ng: Now display if the network has QoS enabled.
- aireplay-ng: Fixed crash with too short packets (seen with zd1211).
- aireplay-ng: Fixed STP usage in fragmentation attack.
- aireplay-ng: Fixed bug with deauth attack.
- airtun-ng: Fixed STP conversion.
- airolib-ng: Added sample database in test/ directory.
- tkip-tun: New tool to inject on WPA1 with QoS enabled networks. Full description: decrypt packets coming from the AP in a TKIP network, which uses QoS (ieee802.11e). It also breaks the MIC Key for sending packets towards the Client correctly encrypted and signed. Stores plaintext packet and keystream in seperate files.
- airbase-ng: Several improvements ( See #466 ).
- airbase-ng: Added compatibility with some clients. added random source IPs and MACs for cfrag attack (-N) to evade simple flood protection.
- airmon-ng: Fixed some 'unary operator expected' errors.
- airmon-ng: Fixed channel number setting with mac80211 drivers.
- airmon-ng: Recognition of 4 new chipsets: acx1xx, at76_usb, adm8211 and AR9001U (otus).
- airmon-ng: Fixed some chipset naming inconsistencies between ieee80211 and mac80211 drivers.
- airmon-ng: Fixed display of “airmon-ng check”.
- airmon-ng: Improved mac80211 driver handling.
- airdriver-ng: Fixed madwifi-ng driver download URL.
- airdriver-ng: Updated openSuse information.
- wesside-ng: Fixed open() with O_CREAT that needs 3 arguments.
- osdep: Added TAP/TUN MTU getter.
- manpages: Fixed misspelled airserv-ng manpage filename.
- manpages: Added Airbase-ng, Tkiptun-ng manpages.
- manpages: Updated description of all manpages.
- Makefile: Fixed errors when compiling on OSX 10.5.
- Makefile: Now ensure that make 3.81 or higher (mandatory) is used when compiling on OSX 10.4.
- Makefile: Only install airolib-ng manpage if airolib-ng is installed.
- Makefile: Added 'make check' that tests key cracking against files given in test/ directory.
- general: Fixed 'evalrev' on Solaris.
- general: Fixed compilation on Sun SPARC.
- general: Fixed compilation on some distribution (with a recent version of gcc) due to warnings (because of not getting the return value of some functions).
- general: Several compilation fixes.
- patches: Updated ath5k patches
- patches: Added rt2570 patch (kernel 2.6.24).
- patches: Updated madwifi-ng patch for r3745.
- patches: Updated mac80211 patches.
- patches: Added zd1211rw patch for 2.6.26, b43/b43legacy for 2.6.26-wl.
- patches: rt73, r8187 patches for fedora kernels (should work on 2.6.27).
- patches: Added Defcon 16 patch (more frequencies than the usuals) for ath5k called frequency Chaos.
- patches: Added injection patch for rtl8187 (mac80211).
- patches: Added a universal mac80211 fragmentation and injection speed patch.
- GUI (windows): Fixed: Windows GUI gives “please specify dictionnary”.
Version 1.0-rc1 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0-beta2) - Released 09 Jun 2008:
- airbase-ng: Multi-purpose tool aimed at attacking clients as opposed to the AP.
- airbase-ng: Added replay tool for external packet processing feature.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed: Displaying twice the wep key at the end and “Warning: Previous crack is still running”.
- aircrack-ng: Fixed detection of WPA handshake (was not working correctly in previous release).
- aircrack-ng: Fixed PTW attack against QoS and WDS packets.
- aircrack-ng: Added oneshot option to try PTW only once.
- airodump-ng: Fixed channel numbers (Fixed “fixed channel” messages).
- airodump-ng: Added frequency selection (-C).
- aireplay-ng: Fixed injection on OpenBSD.
- aireplay-ng: Fixed a rtc bug which freezed aireplay-ng in case /dev/rtc0 is not available.
- aireplay-ng: Fixed chopchop attack against QoS packets.
- aireplay-ng: Added Caffe-Latte attack.
- aireplay-ng: Added CFrag attack: Turns every IP and ARP packet into an ARP request against the client.
- airtun-ng: Added support for fragmented packets.
- airdriver-ng: Updated drivers.
- airserv-ng: Various fixes.
- airmon-ng: Added nl80211 usage.
- airmon-ng: Use 'iw' when it is found.
- airmon-ng: Fixed error with madwifi-ng when creating new VAP.
- wesside-ng: Added option to ignore ACKs.
- OSdep: Fixed endieanness bugs.
- OSdep: Orinoco: attempt to bring interface down before switching to monitor mode.
- All: Added copyright and GPL in missing files.
- All: Fixed compilation on Mac OSX 10.5.2 (PPC).
- GUI: Fixed “Choose” button (airdecap-ng).
- Makefile: Fixed usage of iCC versions other than 9.0.
- patches: Updated rtl8187 patch.
- patches: Updated madwifi-ng patch.
- patches: Updated sqlite patch (cygwin).
- patches: Added mac80211 frag patch.
- patches: Added b43 and updated bcm43xx patches.
Version 1.0-beta2 (changes from aircrack-ng 1.0-beta1) - Released 01 Feb 2008:
- aircrack-ng: Cracking WPA now does only require 2 packets (instead of 4).
- airodump-ng: Fixed (WEP) open system and shared key system detection.
- airodump-ng (win): Battery status is now displayed.
- airdriver-ng: Fixed module detection.
- airdriver-ng: Updated drivers.
- airdriver-ng: Added firmware support.
- airdriver-ng: Added softmac installation.
- airdecap-ng: Save packets with ICV error in a separate file.
- airolib-ng: Automatically create a database if it does not exist. “init” option is not necessary anymore.
- airolib-ng: Now uses getopts for options.
- airdriver-ng: Updated some drivers download locations.
- airdriver-ng: Fixed softmac installation
- airmon-ng: Added detection of ipwraw-ng driver.
- airmon-ng: When stopping an interface, it is in managed mode
- Makefile: supports DESTDIR or destdir parameter.
- Makefile: renamed ROOT (used by gentoo for other stuff) variable by AC_ROOT.
- manpages: Fixes for whatis
- patches: updated cygwin sqlite patch
- patches: updated rtl8187 patch
- Added instructions to compile airolib-ng and using '-r' option in aircrack-ng for cygwin.
- Fixed compilation of aircrack-ng with some gcc versions
Version 1.0-beta1 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.9.2) - Released 01 October 2007:
- airodump-ng: Added –berlin option (see code for more information).
- airodump-ng: Fixed 100% cpu utilization while channelhopping on rtap interface
- airodump-ng: Fixed frame length < 10bytes bug
- airodump-ng: Added out-of-monitor-mode, channel hop and interface down detection
- airodump-ng: Fixed debian bug #417388: airodump-ng doesn't restore terminal after error
- airodump-ng: Fixed opening the same interface more than once
- airodump-ng: Fixed PWR values for some drivers
- airodump-ng: Fixed airodump sanity check (resulted in showing WPA networks without CIPHER & AUTH)
- airodump-ng: Added “-f” to set the time in ms between hopping channels
- airodump-ng: Added partial 40bit WEP detection
- airodump-ng: Added “–showack” to print statistics about ack/cts and rts frames
- airodump-ng: Added “-h” to hide the known stations in ack statistics
- airodump-ng: Added “-r” to read packets from a pcap file
- aircrack-ng: Added BSSID merge option
- aircrack-ng: Added passive ptw attack (using also IP packets for cracking)
- aircrack-ng: Made ptw attack default, for korek attack use -K
- aircrack-ng: Fixed huge memory usage with ptw attack on hundreds of APs
- aircrack-ng: Added -M paramteter for specifying maximum number of IVs to be read
- aircrack-ng: Changed ptw testpackets from first to random (fixes invalidation of found keys)
- aircrack-ng: Added –wep-decloak mode
- aircrack-ng: Added –ptw-debug to allow klein or ptw disabling
- aircrack-ng: PTW: Starts a new process group
- aircrack-ng: Increased PTW key checking speed by 20%
- aircrack-ng: Try 1000 40bit keys before starting 104bit cracking, to get the key “instantly” without waiting for 104 bit to fail
- aircrack-ng: Fixed not shown ascii keys, when found key was shorter than expected
- aircrack-ng: Added visual inspection of the different keybytes (–visual-inspection).
- airdecap-ng: Fixed bug in calc_pmk() function causes wrong PMK to be computed
- aireplay-ng: Added usage of RTS/CTS, auth and ACK to –test (more stable and faster)
- aireplay-ng: Added TCP connection test to –test
- aireplay-ng: Changed injection rate to be more stable
- aireplay-ng: Made essid argument optional - sniffs the essid if its broadcasted
- aireplay-ng: Made src mac argument (-h) optional - uses default interface mac
- aireplay-ng: Added bitrate test to –test (-B)
- aireplay-ng: Fixed 100% cpu utilization in –test
- aireplay-ng: Added –fast switch to use first available packet without interaction
- aireplay-ng: chopchop now tries header recreation workaround if icv check failed
- aireplay-ng: Fixed seq field for fragment attack
- aireplay-ng: Now works with rtc_cmos
- aireplay-ng: Added automatic channel changing in –test to AP channel
- aireplay-ng: Added channel synchronization for –test between cards
- aireplay-ng: Added possibility to limit injection test to one AP “-a” or “-e”
- aireplay-ng: Added BSSID/ESSID detection, so it can be enough to specify one option
- makeivs-ng: Added parameters to set length, number and first IV of generated IVs
- makeivs-ng: Added possibility to generate IVs sequentially or randomly
- makeivs-ng: Added parameters to set percentage of false and dupe frames
- makeivs-ng: Added 256bit wep support
- packetforge-ng: Added support for generating more than on packet
- patches: updated rtl8187 patch for 2.6.22
- patches: updated zd1211rw patch for 2.6.22
- New IVS format for storing all relevant data
- Auto-creation of rtap interface if it doesn't exist (ipw2200)
- Better acx, rtl8180, orinoco and madwifi-ng detection
- Using OpenSSL instead of build-in crypto
- Added library rx/tx support
- Added airpcap rx/tx support
- Added airdriver-ng script for installing and managing patched drivers
- Added wesside-ng as an all in one tool for recovering the wep-key
- Added easside-ng for realtime decryption (instant rx/tx) of wep frames
- Added buddy-ng as loopback server for easside-ng
- Added airserv-ng - server for rx/tx on another system
- Added airolib-ng for using hash tables to crack wpa/wpa2 psk (supports cowpatty rainbow tables)
- Fixed compilation of optimized binaries with icc
- Fixed compilation on FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and MacOSX
- Better WDS handling and display
- Added detection and removal of trailing fcs checksum
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Fixed being root when connecting to airserv-ng
- Added OpenBSD sniffing support
Version 0.9.3 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.9.2) - Released 24 February 2008:
- Fix endianness issues in airodump-ng, aireplay-ng.
- Several small bug fixes.
- Updated rtl8187 patch.
Version 0.9.2 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.9.1) - Released 05 February 2008:
- aireplay-ng: Now works with rtc_cmos
- aireplay-ng: Fixed compilation on Fedora Rawhide
- airodump-ng: Fixed: Wrong information printed in CSV file (PSK for WEP with Shared key instead of SKA).
- airodump-ng (airpcap): added support for 5Ghz channels.
- airdecap-ng: Fixed bug in calc_pmk() function causes wrong PMK to be computed
- airmon-ng: Fixed detection of N770 wireless interface
- airmon-ng: Fixed Ralink rt73 detection
- airmon-ng: Added driver detection through sysfs
- airmon-ng: Added mac80211 support
- airmon-ng: Added networkmanager detection - airmon-ng check
- airmon-ng: Added detection of ipwraw-ng driver
- GUI (win): Fixed file dialog for airdecap-ng
- manpages: updated airodump-ng manpage
- manpages: Fixes for whatis
- Makefiles: Fixed OpenBSD makefile.
Version 0.9.1 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.9) - Released 25 june 2007:
- airodump-ng: wlan-ng driver now works again.
- airodump-ng: Fixed IP address when writing to CSV file
- airodump-ng: Fixed debian bug #417388: it doesn't restore terminal after error
- aircrack-ng: Fixed WPA cracking on SMP computers
- aircrack-ng: Fixed bug in calc_pmk() function causes wrong PMK to be computed
- airmon-ng: Fixed madwifi-ng wifiX detection (due to translation in ifconfig)
- patches: Added ACX injection patch
- patches: Updated rtl8187 patch for 2.6.21
- GUI (win): Added PTW option to aircrack-ng tab.
- GUI (win): Fixed a bug when cracking with a wordlist.
Version 0.9 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.8) - Released 13 May 2007:
- aireplay-ng: Added new 'attack': injection test (–test)
- aireplay-ng: disallow injection with wlanng & kernel > 2.6.11
- airtun-ng: Fixed: an option wasn't shown in usage screen.
- airodump-ng (win): Fixed version numbering.
- airodump-ng (win): Changed first time messagebox
- aircrack-ng: Fixed: –help make aircrack-ng crash
- aircrack-ng: Added PTW attack (option: -z). It require full capture.
- airdecap-ng: now decrypt IEEE802.11 header with 802.11e header
- airmon-ng: Fixed orinoco card detection
- patches: updated zd1211rw patch for kernel 2.6.21
- patches: Added bcm43xx injection patch for kernel 2.6.20
- patches: updated rtl8187 patch (for new driver version).
- wzcook (win): now can work in silent mode (option: –silent)
- Makefile: added make zip (cygwin only)
- Makefile: fixed direct call to 'make install' or 'make strip' instead of 'make'
- GUI (win): Updated aircrack-ng tab and added an about tab.
Version 0.8 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.7) - Released 25 April 2007:
- aireplay-ng: Works on FreeBSD-CURRENT
- aircrack-ng: Fixed stdin dictionary usage
- aircrack-ng: Hardcode CPUs number to 1 in case detection fails
- aircrack-ng: Fixed too low trashvalue
- aireplay-ng: Fixed 384 bytes keystream output
- aireplay-ng: Fixed IV index bug
- aireplay-ng: Better error messages for -0 and -1
- airtun-ng: Works on FreeBSD
- airtun-ng: Fix compilation under FC6 (missing “linux/if.h” include).
- airodump-ng: Works on FreeBSD.
- airodump-ng: Added encryption filtering
- airodump-ng: Fixed a SIGSEGV
- airodump-ng: Added WPA handshake detection
- airodump-ng: Added non associated stations filter
- airodump-ng: Added support for zd1211rw
- airodump-ng: Fixed 100% cpu utilisation
- airmon-ng: Added support for zd1211rw driver
- airmon-ng: Added support for at76c503a, rt61 and rt73
- airmon-ng: Updated some device detection
- airmon-ng: Added Nokia 770 and PrismGT softmac
- airmon-ng: Fixed ACX driver monitor mode startup
- airmon-ng: Fixed syntax error
- airtun-ng: Works on FreeBSD
- airtun-ng: Added pcap support to replay saved wlan sessions
- airtun-ng: Added repeater mode, bssid and netmask filter
- packetforge-ng: Added null packet support
- packetforge-ng: Added packet selection for -9
- Patches: Added hostap kernel 2.6.18 patch
- Patches: Updated rtl8187 patch.
- Patches: Updated madwifi-ng patch.
- Patches: Added injection patch for zd1211 (does not work for all devices).
- Added airoscript (from daouid)
- Makefiles: Fixed: make uninstall did not remove all files
- Updated spec file by David Bolt to be able to build RPM packages on FC, Mandriva and Suse distro
- Added WEP authentication example capture
- Fixed gcc 2.95 compilation
- Fixed compilation on MacIntel
Version 0.7 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.6.2) - Released 20 January 2007:
- Makefiles: Improved + added makefiles for other OS
- Makefiles: Fixed make install on Windows and MacOSX
- airtun-ng: Creates a tuntap interface, through which ordinary IP frames can be injected
- aireplay-ng: Added fragmentation attack
- aireplay-ng: Added shared key authentication
- airmon-ng: Now detect the shell when installing
- airmon-ng: Added support for rtl8187
- aircrack-ng: Added WEP dictionnary attack
- aircrack-ng: Works with 802.11e QoS packets
- airodump-ng: Added MAC filtering
- airodump-ng: Now use the flaw in shared-key authentication to generate a xor file containing the prga recovered from a shared-key authentication
- airodump-ng: More information about encryption on the AP
- airodump-ng: Receive quality indicator
- airodump-ng: The way ESSID is given in the CSV file is more clear
- packetforge-ng: Set the TTL value in the ip header
- packetforge-ng: Close open file handles
- Special handling of spanning tree packets
- Added rtl8187 patch for injection
- Other bug fixes
Version 0.6.2 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.6.1) - Released 1 October 2006:
- aireplay-ng: Applied patch to inject packets with an ipw2200
- aircrack-ng: Fixed: show_wpa_stats() 1 byte array overflow
- aircrack-ng: Fixed a warning when compiling on 64bit inner_bruteforcer_thread()
- aircrack-ng: Changed -d option. It's now a mask (use XX for unknown bytes).
- arpforge-ng: removed. It's replaced by packetforge-ng
- packetforge-ng: New tool to forge packets (by Martin Beck) + manpage written
- aircrack-ng, aireplay-ng, packetforge-ng: new MAC decoding function
- airmon-ng: Fixed a bug when using it with madwifi-ng
- airmon-ng: Added ipw3945 detection
- airodump-ng (windows): now automatically download peek.dll and peek5.sys if needed
- airodump-ng: LLC null packets are skipped
- makeivs: added manpage
- Makefile: Fixed: make aircrack-ng-opt-prof_gen fails
- updated madwifi-ng patch
Version 0.6.1 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.6) - Released 27 August 2006:
- aircrack-ng: Fixed missing '-s' option
- aircrack-ng: Fixed: Show a different ASCII key for a same hex key
- airodump-ng: Using –band option instead of –bg, –abg, –ab, …
- airodump-ng: Fixed: fails to put wlanng in monitor mode
- airodump-ng: using rtap0 as interface should now work
- airodump-ng and aireplay-ng: “Can't find wireless tools, exiting.” should be fixed if they exist
- airodump-ng and airmon-ng: rt2570 now uses prismheader (use at least beta 2 driver)
- airmon-ng: Fixed: discards ipw2200 v1.1.x
- airmon-ng: Fixed: show newly created madwifi-ng VAP
- airmon-ng: Should now works with 'ash' shell (Zaurus, OpenWRT, …)
- INSTALL: Added a note about warnings when compiling sources
- INSTALL: Added more information about installing aircrack-ng on windows
- updated spec file
- some other bugfixes
- cygwin1.dll and msvcr70.dll are now included in windows package
Version 0.6 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.5) - Released 23 June 2006:
- aircrack-ng: Multithreaded keybytes bruteforcer
- aircrack-ng: Now bruteforce only last keybyte by default (faster than last 2KB)
- aircrack-ng: Added option to show ASCII version of the key
- aircrack-ng: Fixed: bug with -d option. It adds a leading “0x00” to the key
- aireplay-ng: fixed compilaton issues on some distro
- aireplay-ng: fixed a bug when using 'ash'
- aireplay-ng: You can change ring buffer size (-g option)
- airodump-ng: Log by default only one beacon (added option to log all beacons)
- airodump-ng: Dump prefix isn't mandatory anymore, not giving it won't store any data
- airmon-ng: Ralink devices needs be put in ad-hoc prior to inject packets
- manpages: Added kstat manpage
- manpages: fixed airodump-ng manpage (hyphen used as minus sign)
- Makefile: You can now compile aircrack-ng with Intel C Compiler (really faster)
- Updated madwifi-ng patch to r1545 (and up; can be applied on madwifi v0.9.0 and v0.9.1)
- Added instructions to compile on different plateforms/OS
- Added a WPA2 capture file in test directory
- Some other fixes
Version 0.5 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.4.4) - Released 05 may 2006:
- airodump-ng: Hop on 2.4Ghz channels by default
- airodump-ng: Added support for OpenWrt devices (use prism0 as capture interface)
- aircrack-ng and aireplay-ng: korek chopchop optimisation (Thanks to ASPj)
- airodump-ng: Fixed: when starting, it captured data on channel 10
- aircrack-ng: Fixed: Not using all CPU on SMP systems
Version 0.4.4 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.4.3) - Released 24 april 2006:
- aircrack-ng: fixed a stupid bug that prevent cracking
- sha1-mmx.S: GNU_STACK ELF marking
- updated patch for madwifi-ng r1526 and upper
Version 0.4.3 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.4.2) - Released 24 april 2006:
- airmon-ng: fixed madwifi-ng (VAP creation-destruction and a cosmetic fix)
- aircrack-ng: fixed compilation under OSX
- airodump-ng: added elapsed time
- Makefile : added a MacOSX makefile (Makefile.osx)
- updated patch for madwifi-ng r1520 and upper
Version 0.4.2 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.4.1) - Released 20 april 2006:
- airodump-ng: Fixed: dumpfile prefix took the name of the second argument
- airodump-ng: Fixed: .gps file creation if GPSd isn't used
- version.c removed (the content was moved to common.c)
Version 0.4.1 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.4) - Released 19 april 2006:
- airodump-ng: use of parameters like aircrack-ng, aireplay-ng, …
- airodump-ng: more sanity checks
- airodump-ng & aireplay-ng: forbid the use of ndiswrapper
- airodump-ng & aireplay-ng: check of iwpriv existence
- manpages: updated and fixed typos
- Makefile: fixed “make doc”
- airmon-ng: fixed and improved madwifi detection
Version 0.4 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.3) - Released 16 april 2006:
- Typos fixed and cosmetic changes in sources and in manpages
- manpages: updated airodump-ng screenshot
- manpages and aireplay-ng: renamed attack names
- airodump-ng: fixed some compile warnings
- airodump-ng: hopping also on .11a channels if available
- airodump-ng: fixed: GPS coordinates were never shown
- airmon-ng: fixed ipw2100 (Thx to OverThere) and madwifi-ng detection
- aircrack-ng: speed optimizations
- aircrack-ng: -x option disable last 2 keybytes bruteforce (WEP cracking is faster)
- aircrack-ng: with -a option, you can use “wep” or “wpa” instead of numbers
- ivstools: –merge option fixed
- Makefiles: improvements
- Lots of little changes
- added aircrack-ng.spec for building RPM
- added slack-desc for building slackware packages
Version 0.3 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.2.1) - Released 30 march 2006:
- aireplay-ng: typo fixed
- aireplay-ng: Madwifi-ng is now supported
- airodump-ng: disabled GPS coordinates if connection to gpsd fail
- airodump-ng: Battery information fixed (hacked kismet code)
- airodump-ng: Madwifi-ng is now supported
- aircrack-ng: corrected title (when cracking a key)
- aircrack-ng: uses by default all CPU for cracking (Debian bug report #352877)
- manpages: Fixed some errors (Debian bug report #356551)
- manpages: created ivstools manpage
- Makefiles: cleaning and improvement
- fixed pcap2ivs bug (it wasn't using the good MAC for bssid)
- Merged mergeivs and pcap2ivs into ivstools
- airmon.sh: Fixed (hopefully) detection of ipw2100 and ipw2200 (Debian bug report #340057)
- airmon.sh: renamed to airmon-ng
- Updated madwifi-ng patch to r1486
Version 0.2.1 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.2) - Released 20 march 2006:
- Corrected 2 bugs in airmon.sh and changed another little thing
- One word missing for option -j in aireplay
- Updated madwifi-old patch to SVN r1475
- Makefile cleaning
- Typo corrected in pcap2ivs
Version 0.2 (changes from aircrack-ng 0.1) - Released 19 march 2006:
- updated version number and program name
- updated airmon.sh (added detection of acx, madwifi-ng and bcm43xx)
- added manpages (Thanks to Adam Cecile)
- added madwifi-ng patches
- re-added missing drivers patches
- added uninstall rule in makefile
- added Sharp Zaurus binaries (Thanks to Rick Farina aka Zero_Chaos)
- added a cygwin makefile
Version 0.1 (changes from aircrack 2.41):
- updated windows binaries
- compiled some files for windows
- Separated in multiple packages
for the original Aircrack Changelog